Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cow Pony Rust Quilt.....continues


I am working on the rusted quilt entry again...

Click Images to Enlarge:

Cow Pony Quilt

The weaving is done and I am auditioning background rust fabrics
Background 1



Background 2



Background 3

None of these really gets me excited...



How about using ALL of the background rust fabrics!
I folded them up into borders and pinned them to the design wall.
Now this excites me...

The "Square-ness" of this looks rather boring.
Time to Un-Square it a bit...



I free-hand cut with the rotary cutter and gave the edges a smooth scallop curve.
This adds quite a bit of interest to the center photo transfer image and also the boxy, square appearance is gone...


Horse Shoes on top???



Horse Shoes on the bottom???

I agonized over this for a full day...
I finally took a break and got away from it for awhile.
When I walked back in the Thread Shed, I knew just what to do.

I will post more photos tomorrow...

You can see my previous work on this project by CLICKING HERE


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. Hi LuAnn,

    I feel the urge to tell you my opinion on this quilt ;-))
    First, I think, it will be lovely, I truly like your rusted fabrics and the weaving is gorgeous (especially after you cut this curved edge).
    Second, I like the horseshoes at the bottom better. Maybe its just because I think they "belong" there? I mean - in real life, a horse would have its horseshoes on the ground. Oh my, does this make any sense ???
    Thanks for listening - and keep us posted, please!
    Take care,
    Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    What a beautiful quilt!

    I really like the look of the horseshoes going up the left side. Like the ponies are walking away after getting a drink. Just my humble opinion......
    austin
    : )

    ReplyDelete